Proper warming up is essential, not only for a successful competition, but especially for your daily training! If you don't prepare well, you can cause muscular injuries that will take you into an unwanted break from training for a long time.
For this reason, we want to present you with FLEXVIT, a warm-up with resistance bands for your handball training. This way you can effectively warm up all muscle chains and be well prepared!
With the fitness bands from FLEXVIT you get flexible training equipment that you can use for warm-up, strengthening and flexibility!
The right warm-up for your handball training – with FLEXVIT and Functional Band Training!
Structured warm-up is the basis for effective training and is essential for preventing injuries and achieving maximum muscle performance. There are essentially two crucial preparation points for training: the activation of the cardiovascular system in order to provide sufficient blood flow to the muscles and vessels and the mental preparation, the athlete's focus on the following movement tasks.
We want to introduce you to training exercises that you can use to perfectly prepare your muscles for the upcoming competitions and training sessions. We use resistance bands in different designs and variants.
The correct warm-up with fitness bands has a number of advantages:
- You warm up not just individual muscles, but the entire muscle chain
- You can warm up with the movement patterns and sequences of your sport
- In addition to just warming up, you can also improve your technical processes
#1 – Pallof – Press
- A resistance band is placed in both hands in the middle of the body. This resistance band can be held by a partner or attached to a post.
- Now the arms are guided forward in a controlled manner into extension - it is important to ensure that no rotation is carried out
- The core muscles remain fixed and prevent lateral movements until the arms return to their original position in front of the body.
Tips & Notes:
The Pallof press can be designed and varied in numerous variations - the basic process remains the same. It is always important to ensure that there is no rotation.
For example, alternating lunges can be performed as a variation. In addition to stretching, horizontal movement can also be added.
#2 – Side steps with mini band
- A mini band is fixed slightly above the ankles between the legs and brought under tension.
- Now side steps are slowly carried out. First in one direction and then the same number in the other direction.
- During the side steps, the knees remain slightly bent and it is important to ensure that the mini band maintains a slight tension at all times.
Tips & Notes:
It is particularly important to keep your knees slightly bent. The upper body remains upright and the arms move to the sides of the body. The gaze remains focused forward.
The simple side steps can now be varied as desired: a ninja walk can be carried out alternately forwards and backwards, and 2 mini bands can also be used to provide additional stimuli.
You can also perform the side steps in an upright position with your legs stretched - but you will notice that you are putting your emphasis on a different muscle group. So you can always alternate these variations as best you can.
#3 – Circular shrugs
- Stand with both of you on the FLEXVIT Multi and grab the loops of the fitness band on the side of your body.
- From this starting position, the arms are raised close to the body to the level of the head. The movement varies on the fly next to and in front of the body.
- It is important to ensure that the arms are almost straightened, but never fully stretched, in order to protect the elbow joint.
Tips & Notes:
To maintain a straight posture, this exercise can also be performed against a wall. This guarantees that stretching is achieved throughout the body.
If you do a squat while stretching your arms at the same time, you can warm up your legs as well as your shoulder muscles and arms. Make sure that your upper body stays in one line.